Sunday, November 9, 2008

Random Happenings

Last week was pretty eventful. On Sunday Katelyn had a loose tooth that was so ready to be pulled, but she would not let us touch it. Well, Dan asked if he could see it, and she started to cry thinking that he was going to pull it, and all of a sudden she shouted, "I got it!" Then she started to cry even harder. It is such a bummer that we left our camera at Cody and Eloise's, and then an even bigger bummer to find that we let the batteries die. So she lost her second tooth last week, and hopefully I will get a picture before it grows back in!
Ethan came home last week, and said that he wanted to run for 1st grade class leader. The kids who decided that they wanted to run were asked to prepare a speech and read it to the class and then the class would vote. (On election day) He tells me this on Monday night right before bed, and elections are the next day. So Tuesday morning we work on his speech, which I was a little nervous about for him because he is so shy, but who am I to hold him back and tell him he can't do something. So my little guy gets up in front of his whole class and gives his speech and I was ready to cry because I could not believe how confident he looked and how well he did! I kept thinking Never, ever underestimate your children! He gets done and runs over to me, "mom, did I do a good job?!" I could barely say yes. I was so happy he chose to get out of his comfort zone and go for it! In the end two of the cutest girls were chosen to be their leaders, but he wasn't phased a bit! I asked him when he got home from school who he voted for, and he said, with a grin, "Gabby and Delany". Good sport. :)
The week of Halloween I was able to go with Katelyn's class on her field trip to the same pumpkin patch with the weeds from he....aven knows where (It's Sunday) on the school bus no less. Pregnant people shouldn't ride school buses for over an hour. But we had fun, and it was fun to be with Katelyn and her friends and see her in her element. I can't believe how grown up she is. On Friday of that same week I was able to go and help in Ethan's class for his Halloween activities. That was a great time too. I was so impressed with the teachers and the efforts that they put into that day for the kids. I was also impressed to see my son dancing!!!!!! One of the classrooms had a fun dance for the kids to do at the end of their activity, and there he was with all the rest of them. My son. Who when he starts to do anything, will stop if he knows someone is watching him. Can you believe that I left the camera home for both events?! Although these days, I am so grateful I remember to get everyone to where they need to go! Having everyone dressed in matching clothes is also an added bonus. I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself. (I ALWAYS have the camera!!!) Oh well, hopefully I have written some good descriptions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Min! I don't know how you do it! That is so cute that Ethan ran for leader. How exciting to watch him do that.