Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kids, Kids, Kids

Yesterday Dan left to go to work at 4am, he came home changed, went to the career fair, came home, ate and went to young men's, then stayed at the church until after 10 finishing up some clerk stuff. I feel a little spoiled because ever since he finished school because he is home a lot more. I knew he was going to be gone all day yesterday, and I was not looking forward to it. The only "complaint" I have these days about being pregnant is that I just get so tired! Anyway, so last night after bath time, the kids were playing and winding down. Once they were calm enough, we had our nightly scripture and prayer routine. As we were reading scriptures, Alyssa wandered off. I kept thinking, what is she into? But since I had a captive audience, I didn't dare leave to go look for her. We said our prayer, and right as Ethan was saying Amen, Alyssa came around the corner with a bottle of (what used to be a full bottle) hand soap. (Mind you, she has ALREADY had a bath) Her hair was soaking wet with soap. She thought it was mousse. She says "oh, pretty", and put more in her hair. Do I laugh, do I cry? Do I get mad? What do I do? It was not only in her hair, but all over the floor, the bathroom, some of the carpet, although I have to say I am so grateful for all of the tile that we have. It was like a bad math problem, how do you put three kids to bed while washing hand soap out of a toddler? (I knew if I left the other three, than it would completely undo all the work I did to calm them down enough to fall asleep) you see the dilemma. Fortunately, I had some tired kids, so they went to bed, and Alyssa enjoyed a second bath.
Tonight Dan was home, and was a sweetheart to take care of all of the kids at tub time. (It is getting so hard to breathe while bending over the tub to wash kids.) P.S. Dan is amazing, and helps out so much. Anyway, the kids were excited to have daddy home, so while we were reading scriptures tonight, Zach was sitting on Dan's lap. All of a sudden, he says watch this, and does a back flip off of Dan's lap. Complete with the jumping up with his hands in the air like a true gymnast. We were so amazed that we asked him to do it again. So here we are trying to keep the spirit in our home while watching Zach discover a new talent. Finally he sat still, and got a glazed look in his eyes, he was so tired. I said Zach, you get to sleep in tomorrow, aren't you excited? (I know I would be!!!!) Katelyn said, sleep in what?! What is he going to sleep in mom? What is so funny mom? These kids make me laugh so hard. I am still missing my camera! We need a new charger for the batteries and keep forgetting. Until of course, we want to use it. Alyssa was wearing Zach's "snugglie" jammies tonight, because her room gets cold, and all of her's were in the laundry. They were huge on her. It made her mad to walk. She is talking so much more, so tonight while we were reading we let her have a turn, and holy cow, she repeated almost every word from the whole verse. I guess I keep forgetting that she will be two in just four months. But still, I keep thinking that she is still just a baby. I can't believe how fast time is going. I think I say that every time I post, but seriously.
I feel like I need to give another shout out to Dan. We are going through such frustrating challenges right now, and I can't remember even one time that he has complained about things. I got so tired last night that I left the dishes expecting to do them this morning, and Dan came home from the church so late and after only having maybe 4 hours of sleep, he did the dishes so I wouldn't have to wake up to a mess, and then got up again to be to work by 5am. Not one word of complaint. He is such a saint. Especially after all the frustrations that have happened to us this week. It is starting to take a toll, but he just takes it all in stride. Really what else is there to do? He is such a great example to me. I just wish I wasn't so hormonal, I cry at just about everything these days. It makes it really hard to have hope. I think though I really should stop reading the news, then maybe I wouldn't cry so much. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Soap, gotta love it. Haha. Man I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Especially Alyssa! So cute. And don't you love husbands, Jeremy is so good too. I miss you guys!

Gary & Sharlene Merrill said...

Wow! Just soap, could be worst....dirt or chocolate syrup. Any way I had to laugh. Elder Wirthin said that laughter was the best in any situation. You children are growing so fast....maybe that is because we do not see them very often. When are you due?
Aunt Sharlene

Love your blog