Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondy, Monday

I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of wanting to accomplish everything on my to do list. And then I realized that I had about ten to do lists. And settled on trying to prioritize the lists and then starting out. It's now after four, and I am finally done redoing my to do lists. So now I have a lot to get done tomorrow! I ate lunch with just Zach today (Alyssa took an early nap). Ohhh to be three again. He makes me laugh so hard. (Out of nowhere, comments like, "Mom, I don't like to go underwater in a big pool, just a little kid pool or a bathtub", or "do you know how to make bubbles in a bathtub, you go like this..." and showed me what to do with his lips.) After lunch he said, "mom, do you want to see what I can do?" He laid down on the carpet in the living room (on his back) and said "this is how you make a snow angel". And proceeded to make a "snow angel" on the carpet. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, and then realized a small sad fact of life, that he has never even seen snow!!! Our poor deprived children. I have to say that is the hardest part about Tucson for me. I really miss seasons. Especially now that the holidays are coming. But if we lived somewhere that had seasons we wouldn't have our extended family around. I guess it is not really a choice. Anyway, just kind of a random day, but in my little world with lots of kids and being 26 1/2 weeks pregnant, to get the dishes done, a bunch of laundry, and watch Zach make "snow angels" in the carpet, it has been a pretty productive day. :)
I am getting really excited for the holidays, and starting a few new traditions in our family now that are kids are getting a little older. I just want to make things as fun and memorable as I possibly can for the kids. They won't really remember the gifts, but I want them to always remember having a lot of fun. Speaking of kids, all of them (Dan included) are in my kitchen light sabor fighting. Dan just lost, I better go save him. And it's family night! My kids love family night. I keep wondering how long it will last. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a long time. I know, I know it is wishful thinking. But for now, I need to go and get the craft together, and finish my lesson on graditude. Oh, and try to get Alyssa to say Daddy instead of Dan. So much to do!!!! :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You are a good woman Mindy.