Sunday, September 7, 2008

Heart Beep

Last week Katelyn was having a hard time getting ready for school. She was just going so slow! So I told her that if she didn't hurry she would have to go with me to the doctor. She is absolutely terrified of the doctor's office, so that helped her get dressed and out the door in no time. She later asked me if I was sick. I said, no why? She asked why I had to go to the dr., and if I had to get shots. I told her I was going for a check up and that the dr. was going to listen to the baby's heart beat. She said Oh! I want to go with you to the dr, I want to hear the baby's heart beep!
The dr appointment went pretty well. I always enjoy those visits, to reassure me that things are going the way that they are supposed to. It is really hard to believe that I am already 16 weeks. I love this part of the pregnancy because I feel great, and I am not too big yet, so I can still move around. It still hasn't sunk in yet, for me. Every time I go to the dr., I say is there really a baby in there? She just laughs at me. I finally had to break out the "fat pants" (Dan calls them the Thanksgiving pants) I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. :)

No comments: