Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We have a tie breaker!




Hi everyone! (Sorry for the cheesy music, we are so excited!) Today we went to the dr. for our ultrasound. (I CANNOT believe how fast it is going, I am 19 weeks...)
I love that the offices have big tvs so everyone who comes can see. (When I had Ethan, we all had to look on the tiny monitor) So that was a fun family activity for us and fun to have grandma Smith there. The kids got to see their new Baby Brother on the tv. Surprise! Surprise! Everyone keeps asking me how I know before hand what we are having. The answer is, I really don't know. I just know. And this time, the kids all knew. Everyone said it's a boy. It still does not seem real. He started to kick a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say I am so excited to have another little one. I have been feeling better than ever, and able to get so much done, I feel a lot more productive than I have in months. Which is such a nice feeling. I was pretty emotional today. Just seeing all of my kids there watching the screen at the new little life and the wonderment of it all. I was so overwhelmed, I just felt so blessed.
Everything looked healthy during the ultrasound and the baby is right on schedule. Katelyn said, "is the baby coming today?!" They are all so excited.
We are home now, and Ethan and Zach are fighting as I am typing this, Alyssa is pulling all of the wipes out of the container, and Katelyn is dumping out her dress-ups. I am so excited to have another one.....hmmmm. :)
Well, off to another event at the school.

5 comments:

Me said...

That is so exciting. Do you have a name picked out for the new baby boy? I am so glad that you are not feeling ill anymore, it gives me hope that there is indeed light at the end of this tunnel. I have done it 4 times before, but this has been the worst!

Summertime Designs said...

Yeah!!! No matter if it was a girl or a boy, I knew your baby would be BEAUTIFUL just like your other 4! That will be fun to have another little guy. I love that Katelyn is so anxious.

Kim Watson said...

That's great news...congrats! You'll have to have another baby after this one, so you can even things out with a third girl :)
My ideas for names:
Ryan
Jack
Kyle

Unknown said...

Mindy! That is fantastic another little boy! I can't believe you are on number 5! What a blessing.

Kendra Richardson said...

Congratulations Dan & Mindy!
How exciting to have another spirit headed your way. Love the pictures.
Kendra