Thursday, September 25, 2008

Field Trip!






I am still scratching my head wondering where the time has gone. I took Katelyn on this field trip last year, and I am still amazed Zach is old enough to go. He was a lot of fun to watch today. Towards the end of the tour of the fire house, he really had to go to the bathroom. We were all upstairs, but when Zach was done, everyone had already gone back down stairs. Zach could hear them talking, and he yelled, "oh no! They started without us!" So he ran to catch up to the group. The Captain who gave us the tour was asking the kids what their favorite part of the tour was. Zach raises his hand and said, "I just went potty." The Captain said "give me knuckles". The firefighters who were watching were laughing so hard. Zach is just so animated about everything. It was a lot of fun for the kids, and the firefighters really did a good job making it really exciting for them. They got to watch one slide down the pole. Zach says, Hey can I do that?! Such a boy. Too much fun. Right as we were saying thank you, they got a call and had to rush out, sirens and all. So that was really exciting for the kids. Although Zach was pretty disappointed that they didn't let him climb up the really tall ladder on the ladder truck. Ohhh.

No comments: